Gopuff has begun instantaneous payments for its U.S. delivery drivers as part of a significant update to the convenience delivery platform.
Similar to Grubhub’s recent announcement that it had expanded instant cash out options for its delivery drivers, Gopuff has partnered with Stripe to give its U.S. delivery partners a similar option. To be eligible for instant payments, drivers need to have eligible debit cards.
The move is a predictable response to issues with attraction and retention across the global economy, including the gig economy that is designed upon giving contract workers flexibility over their careers.
“Now more than ever, delivery partners are looking for convenience and speed when accessing their earnings,” said Daniel Folkman, SVP of business at Gopuff. “We’re proud to partner with Stripe to offer U.S. delivery partners a new Instant Cash Out option, which enables them to access and use their earnings within minutes, rather than days. We will continue to listen to delivery partner feedback and invest into their experience delivering with Gopuff.”
Instant Cash Out is part of a broader series of investments Gopuff is making to enhance the delivery partner experience. According to a company press release, those investments include:
- Improved Delivery Partner Support: In the last 12 months, Gopuff more than quadrupled the size of its delivery partner support team, enabling the business to provide quick responses and solutions to delivery partners’ questions. Gopuff also introduced a new in-app chat feature to make it even easier for delivery partners to connect with a support agent.
- Investments in the Driver App: This March, Gopuff launched the Gopuff Driver app in the App Store and Google Play Store. The new app significantly streamlines the delivery experience, makes it easier and faster for new partners to access the platform and enables automatic app updates for existing users.
- Faster Payouts and Greater Earnings Transparency: In May, as part of its partnership with Stripe, Gopuff transitioned delivery partners to a new system that distributes earnings 2-3 days faster than before. Gopuff also launched a fully redesigned Earnings tab in the Gopuff Driver app, making earnings information more transparent.
- Expanded Cash-Back Promotions: In the U.S., Gopuff partnered with Upside to offer delivery partners exclusive promotions at more than 50,000 businesses, including cash-back opportunities at gas stations, restaurants and grocery stores. In the U.K., Gopuff partnered with Collective Benefits to offer discounted fuel options and deals to help save money on everyday expenses.
- Additional Perks: Gopuff also recently launched perks such as vehicle maintenance discounts through Openbay, credit and discount opportunities on tax services through Block Advisors, and expense & mileage tracking through Stride. This follows a previously-established partnership with Stride Health to offer access to affordable, quality health insurance coverage to delivery partners and their families.